- Linear interaction flow augments usability in an arcade.
- Make intuitive interface by creating old-school visual style.
- Worked as Product Designer.
- Define product goals and user needs.
- Functional specification (key feature breakdown).
- Interaction Design (Wireframes created using Adobe Illustrator)
- Visual design created using Adobe Illustrator.
Analyzing trending game
- No new innovative gameplay in arcade game domain.
- Gameplay screen must be reached within 2 clicks.
Scoping & Refining
Rendering User Needs
What did I find?
Sketching helped visualize the site flow.
After few iterations I narrowed the scope to the most basic needs.
Presenting Famish Fish
- Guide Famish fish to eat the 'star' food.
- Endless arcade runner game.
- Share high score among friend.
Introduced Help Screen
From player testing results I realized that few players were not able to conceive the gameplay within 3 tries.
Therefore, introduced how to play screen.
Endless Runner Gameplay
Endless runner gameplay like the most popular game call Flappy Bird.
A derivation of a popular mobile game called “snakes”.
At the end of each gameplay, the first thing that players want to see was how much did they score?
Displaying “High Score” kept players motivated to play and game competitive.